Thursday, December 14, 2006

Library collegiality


This semester has afforded us many collegial moments in the library. We had a student from the Salem State graduate program spend 25 hours observing our library program and our librarians in action. She is currently a teacher at the Landmark School which allowed us to talk more specifically about our roles in independent schools. In November the Greater Boston Cooperative Library Association held its November meeting here. We presented our Library 2.0 tools – how we are implementing, evaluating, and drafting policies and procedures. Last Friday, Linda Braun brought her class on Technology in the School Library Media Center from the Simmons Graduate School to look at how we use technology and how we are using the new 2.0 applications for programming. We did our 2-hour demonstration on a SmartBoard.
Presenting is a wonderful evaluation tool. As we decide what to share with our audience, we think about what we are doing and why we do it thusly. Also, questions from colleagues often get straight to the heart of librarianship. As we ponder and answer, we also wonder if there is a better way. Reflecting on your feet in front of colleagues can be illuminating (and challenging!) Earlier this week Jen wrote about sharing resources with other libraries. I count us fortunate that we have also had wonderful opportunities to share our profession.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Howdy! I realize this is sort of off-topic but I needed to ask.
Does operating a well-established blog such as yours require
a massive amount work? I'm completely new to operating a blog however I do write in my journal every day. I'd like to start a blog
so I will be able to share my personal experience and
feelings online. Please let me know if you have any kind of ideas or tips for new aspiring blog owners.
Thankyou!

My web-site :: kids toys