Monday, April 30, 2007

Exploring new territory

As we know, libraries are not the same places most of us grew up with, as technology has advanced and changed, so have libraries. With this, many libraries realize that our users are online to find information and to communicate. I thought I would highlight some of the interesting ways in which libraries are marketing themselves online by using video. The following are a number of great YouTube videos from a variety of different libraries:
Williams College Libraries : L-Team (Think A Team), March of the Librarians(an ALA conference spin off on March of the Penguins), Harry Potter Book Club at the Arlington Heights Memorial Library, and the video that continues to be my favorite, Ray of Light by the St. Joseph’s Country Public Library.
As I was leaving the library this afternoon, there were some students on the sloped driveway of the library, skateboards and video cameras in hand putting together some sort of video, (time will tell what it will end up being and unfortunatly I didn't have my camera with me to take a picture!) This is were our audience is and wants to be, creating visual projects and sharing them with others. It is a whole new exciting world we continue to discover!

No comments: