Friday, May 30, 2008

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen

Our students are packing up their belongings and emptying their dorm rooms as they transition into summer mode. We are transitioning here at the library as well, taking down our displays, shelving the books, (although some are staying out at the circ desk to entice those summer readers!), and cleaning up the building. As our students move on, so do some of us here at the library. As noted in an earlier blog post, I will be moving on to the Newbury Town Library this summer. It seems fitting that I offer our summer farewells and bid my own farewell in our last blog post of this academic year.

It has been a great pleasure and honor to work with the extraordinary students, faculty, and staff here at the Academy. Our learning never ends at the library as we continue to stretch ourselves, dive into new things, and work to make connections with our students. I never thought I would be a blogging, Flickring, Library Thing, moodling, code dabbling librarian. The Pesky library is doing all of this and much more. I will carry the lessons I have learned with me as I set off for new adventures, just as the students do when they graduate and move on.
Thank you for tuning into the Pesky Blog and look for more postings as we begin the 2008-2009 academic year. Happy Summer and Happy Reading!
(Our spiral staircase is one of my favorite photos!)
~ Jen

No comments: