Wednesday, May 27, 2009

We've got a Monster!



The library monster
Originally uploaded by Pesky Library
There's a monster in the library and he's showing up everywhere. His picture is in the copy room, in the magazine room, on the computer monitors and even on the ceiling!
So we asked
"Who is the library monster?
Why is he (or she) so angry?
Is there a story to tell?'

Here's what we learned...
"I came from the evil Boston Public library where I had been caged up for 15 years. My mother was brutally killed when a library cart sped out of control running her straight over. From then on I decided to get revenge by eating other books and scaring library goers. I wish I could be a normal book and be loved but the anger overwhelms me. So watch out. I will eat your books and assignments in fits of literary rage!
- Library Monster
P.S. The reference books taste the best."
"Such a sad tale. Would a little bibliotherapy help?"
"Probably, I eat books because I'm unhappy and I'm unhappy because I eat books. Your sympathy soothes me but I fell as if a tasty book is the only thing that can fill the void in my heart.
- Library Monster
P.S. I feel like I have a chance to start a new chapter in my life (pun alert)

No comments: